Berry Granola Bars Recipe
"These hearty bars are great for breakfast on the go or to stash in or your desk at work," writes Maralyn Renner of Ferndale, California. "They freeze extremely well, so get baking and stock up!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, corn syrup, molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, blueberries and cranberries.
- 2. Press into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set and edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 bars.
1 bar equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC