"These hearty bars are great for breakfast on the go or to stash in or your desk at work," writes Maralyn Renner of Ferndale, California. "They freeze extremely well, so get baking and stock up!"
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, corn syrup, molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, blueberries and cranberries.
- Press into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set and edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 bars.
Originally published as Berry Granola Bars in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p19
Reviews for Berry Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review