The natural sweetness of fresh berries comes through in tempting Berry Good Topping from Martha Balser of Cincinnati, Ohio. "I like to pour it over pancakes or ice cream," she reveals.
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender, puree 1 cup of the berries with apple juice. In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add pureed berries. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool. Add vanilla and remaining raspberries.
- Serve over yogurt, ice cream or pancakes. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/2 cups).
Originally published as Berry Good Topping Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p44
Reviews for Berry Good Topping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review