Berry-Glazed Chocolate Cake Recipe
From St. Louis, Missouri, Betty Checkett writes, "This recipe was given to me by my niece and is wickely delicious! It is really quite easy to prepare."
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- CHOCOLATE ICING:
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Brush over cake. Let stand for 10 minutes or until set.
- 4. Place cocoa in a small saucepan. Stir in cream and butter until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Cool slightly; drizzle over cake. Let stand until set. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 470 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC