- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- RASPBERRY GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- CHOCOLATE ICING:
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Brush over cake. Let stand for 10 minutes or until set.
- Place cocoa in a small saucepan. Stir in cream and butter until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Cool slightly; drizzle over cake. Let stand until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Berry-Glazed Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"I have made this cake for several occasions and each time I get so many compliments on it. It is so flavorful and moist. Very easy to make. Definitely a favorite of mine!!!"
"could not really taste the berry glaze but loved the cake and chocolate glaze together"