Cranberries give extra holiday appeal to this gelatin salad sent in by Elise Spring of Bellevue, Ohio. "A co-worker always shares this festive fruit ring with us at staff potlucks," she relates.
Featured In: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup red wine or grape juice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add the cranberry sauce, pineapple, wine and walnuts. Chill until partially set, about 2 hours.
- Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and orange peel. Serve with the salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Berry Gelatin Ring in Quick Cooking December 2000, p12
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Berry Gelatin Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review