Berry Gelatin Mold
“This refreshing gelatin mold is delicious and always a big hit! For a patriotic buffet, I add a scoop of frozen whipped topping, then place a fancy-cut strawberry and a sprinkling of blueberries for festive, red-white-and-blue color.” —Anne Marie Papineau, Hanover, Connecticut
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup each fresh blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- Lettuce leaves
- Additional mixed fresh berries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling cranberry juice. Let
- stand for 10 minutes. Stir in club soda and lemon juice; refrigerate
- for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- Fold in berries. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking
- spray. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a
- lettuce-lined platter; fill center with additional berries if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without additional mixed berries) equals 131 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.