Berry Fruit Sponge Cake Recipe
Lisa Renshaw of Kansas City, Missouri writes, “This is such a wonderful departure from ho-hum strawberry shortcake.” And with two types of berries, you're getting twice the antioxidants!
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 8 individual round sponge cakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the berries, orange juice, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until cranberries pop. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Combine whipped topping and five-spice powder. Place sponge cakes on dessert plates; top with berry mixture and whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 229 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Berry Fruit Sponge Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC