Berry Fruit Sponge Cake Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 8 individual round sponge cakes
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the berries, orange juice, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until cranberries pop. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Combine whipped topping and five-spice powder. Place sponge cakes on dessert plates; top with berry mixture and whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 229 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Berry Fruit Sponge Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.