- 4 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Additional fresh berries
- Coat two 10-oz. custard cups with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.
- Place sheets of phyllo dough in a single layer on a work surface; coat with cooking spray. Cut in half widthwise. Layer four pieces in each custard cup, alternating corner points (allow ends to hang over edge). Brush phyllo cups with butter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 7-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before carefully removing phyllo cups to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar, orange juice and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Spoon into flower cups. Top with additional berries. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Berry-Filled Phyllo Flowers in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p62
Reviews for Berry-Filled Phyllo Flowers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2010
Berry filled phyllo flowers makes an awesome dessert for a family meal and one my family makes any time we have all the ingredients. It's so easy and so good, it's a keeper for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >