- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg substitute, yogurt and lemon peel; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over cake. Fill center of cake with strawberries. Yield: 14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry-Filled Lemon Cake
Sort By :
What a great recipe! Used lemon yogurt as others did and it was simply yummy. Family loved it.
Loved this cake - it was a breeze to make and turned out delicious. I did substitute lemon yogurt for the plain to give it more lemon flavor. Will definitely make again.
I made this on Mother's Day. The recipe is easy and delicious. It was literally gone in ten minutes. The glaze, strawberries, and lemony cake is a fabulous combo. My husband has already asked for another! I used lemon yogurt in lieu of plain. Will definitely make this again.
AuntieA1955-U proved STUPID!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Lemon Cake >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >