Just four ingredients are all you'll need for this sure-to-be-popular treat sent in by Ginny Watson of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Friends and family will never guess that a tube of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits are the base for these golden, jelly-filled doughnuts. TIP: Vary the flavor by using different jams.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 3/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- biscuits, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- very small tip. Fill bag with jam. Push the tip through the side of
- each doughnut to fill with jam. Dust with confectioners' sugar while
- warm. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.