Berry-Filled Doughnuts Recipe
Just four ingredients are all you'll need for this sure-to-be-popular treat sent in by Ginny Watson of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Friends and family will never guess that a tube of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits are the base for these golden, jelly-filled doughnuts. TIP: Vary the flavor by using different jams.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 3/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry biscuits, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill bag with jam. Push the tip through the side of each doughnut to fill with jam. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC