Berry-Filled Doughnuts Recipe
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tubes (6 ounces each) small refrigerated flaky biscuits (5 count)
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry biscuits, a few at a time, until golden brown, 1 to 1-1/4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or corner of a food-safer plastic bag; insert a small pastry tip. Fill bag with jam. With a small knife, pierce a hole into the side of each doughnut; fill with jam. Toss with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 doughnut: 190 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Berry-Filled Doughnuts
"I used kfc biscuits and it taste very good with the pillsburry biscuits its good to"
"These were so good! My kids love them and it gets them away from eating muffins all the time, and now they can have biscuits."
"I thought this recipe was amazing! My family loves them and they were really easy to make! I found that instead of using a fryer you can use a deep pan. I would definitely recommend it!"
"This isn't a home made jelled donut recipe. Go to copy of your cook book from for the year 2003 for the right recipe page 90. I'm trying to make them from scratch not biscuits. I get your magazine and have alot of your cook books. GREAT BOOK!"
"Mine turned out to brown."
"When I was a kid we use to make these at scout camping trips. We did them with jelly, or cut in half with cinnamon a sugar or even put holes and made regular doughnuts they were always a huge hit and easy for kids to make and decorate. Great eating and great fun with little effort."
"Excellent! I tried without the filling & sprinkled with regular sugar. Tastes exactly like my favorite donuts from a Chinese Restaurant I frequent. Love the versatility of this simple but delicious recipe."
"Berry filled doughnuts turn out so nice, no one will know they're made from buttermilk biscuit dough. They are absolutely delicious and so easy to make, my family makes them whenever we have the biscuit dough to work with."
"These are so yummy!!!, also fill them with whipping cream out of the can, poke a hole in them also. Sooooooo good!!"
"Just like we used to make when we didn’t have any money in the olden days.We made them the same way except we put them in a brown bag and shook themup with powder sugar and ate them. They were such a good treat that we ate them.All before they got cold."