- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup boysenberry preserves
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Assorted jimmies or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk, press long strips of dough onto ungreased baking sheets; cut ends to release from disk. Cut each strip into 2-in. lengths (no need to separate them).
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Recut cookies if necessary. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread preserves on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Dip each cookie halfway in candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with jimmies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Freeze option: Wrap dough in plastic wrap; place in a resealable plastic freezer bag, and freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or until dough is soft enough to shape with a cookie press. Proceed as directed. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Berry-Filled Butter Ribbons in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p33
Reviews for Berry-Filled Butter Ribbons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review