Berry Dessert Sauce
"People are amazed to learn that this frothy, fruity sauce is actually whipped skim milk and frozen berries," comments Patricia Brownlow of Gaithersburg, Maryland.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Angel food cake
- Place milk, berries, sweetener and vanilla in a blender; cover and
- process until whipped. Serve over cake. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4-cup serving of sauce equals 21 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.