- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- In a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook sugar until it begins to melt. Gently drag melted sugar to the center of pan so sugar melts evenly. Cook, without stirring, until sugar is dark reddish brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Pour onto a foil-lined baking sheet; cool completely. Break pecans apart if necessary.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and blueberries. Place the first six dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing; toss to coat. Top with sugared pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Berry Delightful Spinach Salad
Sort By :
"Overall this recipe was a fail in my house. We much prefer Berry Spinach Salad with Almonds. The dressing is what makes the difference."
"I made it for a party and my father-in-law and several guests told me several times that they really liked the salad. I did not have the blueberries, and it was still excellent! For Easter I brought my father-in-law a jar full of the salad dressing made with farm fresh strawberries."
"The dressing is really yummy, even though I used only 1/2 cup of olive oil. It was a great spring salad. I will be making it again!"
"I used romaine, spinach & a spring mix for the greens. DIdn't have blueberries so didn't add that. I also sprinkled some feta cheese on salad. It's a keeper."
"Very good. I added more strawberries then the recipe called for in the dressing and also decreased the amount of oil in the dressing. I put about 1/2 cup instead of 2/3 of the olive oil. It's delicious!"