Berry Delicious Tart Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread jam over crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over jam; sprinkle with berries.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 30 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Berry Delicious Tart(20)
Sort By :
This really is excellent. I used fat-free cream cheese & whole wheat flour. Next time I make it, I will skip the jam. It seems unnecessary, plus it makes the tart a bit runny.
Wonderful dessert, guests loved it. Cut brown sugar down for topping to 1/2 cup, served w/ a dollop of cool whip on side. Used seedless raspberry jam and 1 cup each of fresh raspberries and blueberries. Easy to prepare and a definite keeper.
Delicious! hubby and I liked it cold better than warm. I used homemade rhubarb jelly and then just strawberries as the filling... Like a strawberry-rhubarb crumble! Very good!
This recipe deserves more than 5 stars. It was very wonderful. I took it to work and everyone just loved it. I friend co-worker even said that it was the best dessert she had ever had.
I made this recently for a Father's Day gathering and everyone loved it. (My son said, "This is the best berry dessert you have ever made!) However, it is almost too sweet, so the next time I make it I will cut the sugar for the topping in half and see if it still provides enough sweetness. I may also eliminate the jam since I think it created too much moisture causing the dessert to be a little more runny that I would have preferred.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Pie Baking >