Berry Delicious Tart Recipe
"After trying a little of this and a little of that, this is my result. I love berries and am always trying to find something new to do with them. Everyone loved this tart and asked for the recipe." Angela Moorhead, Cambridge, ON
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Spread jam over crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over jam; sprinkle with berries.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 30 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 374 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC