Berry Delicious Tart Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Spread jam over crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over jam; sprinkle with berries.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 30 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 374 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Berry Delicious Tart
"My mom made this and brought it to a Memorial day party one year it was a huge hit and I have made it several more times. Fairly easy and tastes awesome!"
"This really is excellent. I used fat-free cream cheese & whole wheat flour. Next time I make it, I will skip the jam. It seems unnecessary, plus it makes the tart a bit runny.~ Theresa"
"Delicious! hubby and I liked it cold better than warm. I used homemade rhubarb jelly and then just strawberries as the filling... Like a strawberry-rhubarb crumble! Very good!"
"This recipe deserves more than 5 stars. It was very wonderful. I took it to work and everyone just loved it. I friend co-worker even said that it was the best dessert she had ever had."
"I made this recently for a Father's Day gathering and everyone loved it. (My son said, "This is the best berry dessert you have ever made!) However, it is almost too sweet, so the next time I make it I will cut the sugar for the topping in half and see if it still provides enough sweetness. I may also eliminate the jam since I think it created too much moisture causing the dessert to be a little more runny that I would have preferred."
"Amazing! I love rich desserts and generally refuse to make any dessert actually healthy, but I decided to try reduced fat cream cheese...(first time ever) and it turned out fantastic! I also used 1/2 whole wheat flour in the crust...to add some more fiber with the berries! :) ... was simply delicious...no wheat-like flavor...just a wonderful recipe!"
"Wow..this is one of the best desserts I have ever had. I ate my piece soo slow so I could enjoy each bite, yes it's that good! Can't wait to make it again."
"Just as the name says, this recipe is delicious! I used seeded jam, and it wasn't a problem. I used a graham cracker crust which made it a little too sweet. It is a very sweet recipe to begin with! I will definitely make this again!"
"I've made this recipe several times already, and each time everyone (including myself) loved it! I used homemade raspberry jam with seeds, and it tasted sooo good! This recipe is a definite keeper!!!"
"This was the most awesome recipe!!! I used fresh raspberries from our bush and it was to die for. Will be making this again and again!!!"
"loved it and so did all of my co-workers.Thanks TOH."
"Such a wonderful combination of cheesecake with a crumb topping -- loved it!"
"Very tasty! Everyone loved it, even my very picky nephew. I used raspberries and strawberries. Both were good, but the raspberries gave a nice tang."
"I used raspberries, strawberries and blackberries and it turned out wonderful! I will definitely be making this one again."
"I made this yesterday using the fresh blueberries we picked and it was fabulous!! My husband said it was the best dessert I have ever made (and I've made plenty!). Thank you for such a great recipe."
"This is absolutely fabulous. All the flavors work together..First you have the delicious buttery crust, then the delicious light cheesecake filling and then the lucious berries and amazing topping..My family finished the whole dessert in a few hours. The teenagers in the house LOVEd and so did neighbors we shared it with!!"
"The tart was very good. I took the berry tart to a picnic and everybody wanted the recipe."
"This is delicious. A little too much sugar though - I might cut out the bottom crust and make it like a cobbler with filling next time."
"Made this with frozen mixed berries and it turned out wonderful - all at the office raved about it!"