Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp(9)
Sort By :
devine, simply devine;)
Excellent recipe! I used all fresh fruit and substituted blueberries for the blackberries, as they are cheaper and more widely available. I received many compliments and requests for the recipe!
My family loved this. This is the best "crisp" recipe I have ever made and will be the only one from now on.
Very Good! I used frozen strawberries and frozen bluberries. I didn't have blackberries. I also had fresh rhubarb from the garden.
Berry delicious rhubarb crisp is one my family simply loves and one we make when we have what we consider the right ingredients. It's delicious and so easy to make, my kids make it any chance they can. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Crisp >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Cobblers >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Crisp Topping >
- Crisps >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Rhubarb Crisp >
- Rhubarb Crisp >
- Rhubarb Crumble >
- Rhubarb Recipes >