- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp
Sort By :
"All in all good, but would decrease brown sugar next time. A little too sweet for my taste."
"This was great. I am not accustomed to the rhubarb, so I am not sure I would add it in the future. But all in all it was great."
"This is the BEST crisp ever!"
"devine, simply devine;)"
"Excellent recipe! I used all fresh fruit and substituted blueberries for the blackberries, as they are cheaper and more widely available. I received many compliments and requests for the recipe!"