Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 329 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp
"Amazing! The perfect dessert for anyone with a sweet tooth!"
"All in all good, but would decrease brown sugar next time. A little too sweet for my taste."
"This was great. I am not accustomed to the rhubarb, so I am not sure I would add it in the future. But all in all it was great."
"This is the BEST crisp ever!"
"devine, simply devine;)"
"Excellent recipe! I used all fresh fruit and substituted blueberries for the blackberries, as they are cheaper and more widely available. I received many compliments and requests for the recipe!"
"My family loved this. This is the best "crisp" recipe I have ever made and will be the only one from now on."
"Very Good! I used frozen strawberries and frozen bluberries. I didn't have blackberries. I also had fresh rhubarb from the garden."
"Berry delicious rhubarb crisp is one my family simply loves and one we make when we have what we consider the right ingredients. It's delicious and so easy to make, my kids make it any chance they can. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box."
"I loved it!!"
"I tried this recipe and it turned out ok. Of course, I didn't have any blackberries and they are very expensive here, so I used some frozen mixed berries. They worked fine, but there were too many flavors, I thought. I also tried the orange zest in the crust, but didn't like it much. So--the recipe is ok if you follow it, I guess. --Ruth, Grand Junction CO"
"We all really enjoyed this recipe even heated up the next day served with vanilla ice cream. The only problem I noticed was the rhubarb was not as soft as I would have liked it - I think that can be fixed by slicing the rhubarb thinner. Great recipe for my recipe box!!"