Berry Delicious Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
What a perfect springtime dessert! It's filled with color and fresh fruit flavor the whole family will savor. I sometimes grate about a tablespoonful of fresh orange or lemon zest and add to the crumb mixture for extra flavor. —Sharon Hadinger, Dublin, Ohio
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 329 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC