Berry Cute Santas Recipe
“We make these fruit and cake Santas every Christmas,” writes Crystal Duncan of Fayetteville, Arkansas. “They go together easily and are fun to make,” she adds.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 red-frilled toothpicks
- 12 large strawberries, cut in half widthwise
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 fudge-covered cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1. Cut twelve 1-in. cubes from pound cake (save remaining cake for another use). For icing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #18 star tip. Fill bag with icing.
- 2. For each Santa, thread a frilled toothpick through a pointed strawberry half, then through a cake cube and a second strawberry half. For eyes, place a dab of icing on the bottoms of two chocolate chips; press onto cake. Pipe icing to form beards and to add fur brims below strawberry hats. Place each Santa on a cookie; serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC