Berry Cute Santas
“We make these fruit and cake Santas every Christmas,” writes Crystal Duncan of Fayetteville, Arkansas. “They go together easily and are fun to make,” she adds.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 red-frilled toothpicks
- 12 large strawberries, cut in half widthwise
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 fudge-covered cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Cut twelve 1-in. cubes from pound cake (save remaining cake for
- another use). For icing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and
- confectioners' sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Cut a
- small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #18
- star tip. Fill bag with icing.
- For each Santa, thread a frilled toothpick through a pointed
- strawberry half, then through a cake cube and a second strawberry
- half. For eyes, place a dab of icing on the bottoms of two chocolate
- chips; press onto cake. Pipe icing to form beards and to add fur
- brims below strawberry hats. Place each Santa on a cookie; serve
- immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.