- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 red-frilled toothpicks
- 12 large strawberries, cut in half widthwise
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 fudge-covered cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Cut twelve 1-in. cubes from pound cake (save remaining cake for another use). For icing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #18 star tip. Fill bag with icing.
- For each Santa, thread a frilled toothpick through a pointed strawberry half, then through a cake cube and a second strawberry half. For eyes, place a dab of icing on the bottoms of two chocolate chips; press onto cake. Pipe icing to form beards and to add fur brims below strawberry hats. Place each Santa on a cookie; serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Berry Cute Santas
Sort By :
This got raves! It is better to make this fresh instead of overnight but I prepped everything so I could put them together faster. I would push the pointy ends of the mini chips into the cake face so the eyes look better. A little difficult to transport but I used a muffin pan so they wouldn't fall on each other. The cookies are just a base....I couldn't "stick' them on. So, again, assemble that last minute before presentation. I would do these again just because they are so cute!
so cute my family really loved them