Berry Cute Santas Recipe
“We make these fruit and cake Santas every Christmas,” writes Crystal Duncan of Fayetteville, Arkansas. “They go together easily and are fun to make,” she adds.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 red-frilled toothpicks
- 12 large strawberries, cut in half widthwise
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 fudge-covered cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Cut twelve 1-in. cubes from pound cake (save remaining cake for another use). For icing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #18 star tip. Fill bag with icing.
- For each Santa, thread a frilled toothpick through a pointed strawberry half, then through a cake cube and a second strawberry half. For eyes, place a dab of icing on the bottoms of two chocolate chips; press onto cake. Pipe icing to form beards and to add fur brims below strawberry hats. Place each Santa on a cookie; serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Berry Cute Santas in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p17
Reviews for Berry Cute Santas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Kids Desserts >