Berry Crisp Recipe
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine honey and oil until blended. Stir in the oats, flour and pecans until blended; set aside for topping.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate until smooth.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine lemon juice and remaining apple juice concentrate. Gradually whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Combine the berries in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with apple juice mixture; sprinkle with oat mixture.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 2 fat.
Reviews for Berry Crisp
"The oil and the honey made for a very mushy 'crisp'. We ate the berry portion (YUMMY!) with our vanilla ice cream. I'll go back to cold butter and brown sugar for my crisp. Sometimes it works to 'lighten' a recipe and sometimes it doesn't. This one didn't work for me."