Berry Crisp Recipe
"I like to take this to potlucks and socials," notes Linda Naumann of Harrison, Arkansas. "If you're looking for something that isn't too sweet for brunch or dessert, this is it."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine honey and oil until blended. Stir in the oats, flour and pecans until blended; set aside for topping.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate until smooth.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine lemon juice and remaining apple juice concentrate. Gradually whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Combine the berries in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with apple juice mixture; sprinkle with oat mixture.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 256 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC