Berry Cream Pancakes Recipe
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread down the center of each pancake; top with strawberries. Fold pancake over filling. Yield: 8-10 filled pancakes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 510 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC