—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread down the center of each pancake; top with strawberries. Fold pancake over filling. Yield: 8-10 filled pancakes.
Originally published as Berry Cream Pancakes in Country Woman January/February 2003, p39
Reviews for Berry Cream Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2013
"This delicious recipe satisfies my cravings for strawberry crepes & is so much easier to make!"
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2010
"love anything with berries."