- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Berry Cream Muffins
Sort By :
"I have been making these wonderful muffins for years. Always use my largest bowl and usually get between 30 and 36 good sized muffins. Meant to hit the gold stars!"
"Very moist, yummy, and delicious!"
"These are just what I was looking for in a moist, flavorful muffin. I made some small " shooters" for a bite-sized treat. Maybe next time some lemon zest....."
"I have made these so many times and every one I give them to, loves them. I make these four times and more a year. The best ever! Thank you TASTE of HOME!"
"Terrific muffins to make for early breakfast - measure out dry ingredients the night before and mix up liquid that morning while oven is heating up. Best eaten that day since the berries tend to make the muffins somewhat soggy."