Berry Cream Dessert
When I was in high school, my best friend's mom used to make this light berry dessert...and I fell in love with it! Now I fix it for my family on special occasions. Yogurt gives it a deliciously tangy taste.
-Deb Sandoval, Colorado Springs, Colorado
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve strawberry and raspberry gelatin in boiling
- water. Stir in cold water and strawberry and raspberry yogurt until
- blended. Chill until syrupy, about 1 hour.
- Fold in strawberries and whipped topping. Spoon into individual
- dishes. Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Serve with fresh berries if
- desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4 cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat whipped topping; calculated without garnish) equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a