Berry-Cream Cookie Snaps Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended. Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Chill.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla and salt until smooth. Whisk in butter until blended. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto prepared pans. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle. Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Remove and place on waxed paper to cool. Continue with remaining cookies. If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.
- 4. Just before serving, pipe or spoon filling into cookie shells. Dip ends of cookies into chopped strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.