My mom and I made up this recipe by combining two others. These cute cookies are crispy on the outside and light and fluffy inside. You could also bake the cookies flat and serve the filling as a cookie dip if you like.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended. Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Chill.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla and salt until smooth. Whisk in butter until blended. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto prepared pans. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle. Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Remove and place on waxed paper to cool. Continue with remaining cookies. If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon filling into cookie shells. Dip ends of cookies into chopped strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Berry-Cream Cookie Snaps in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry-Cream Cookie Snaps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review