- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended. Fold in whipped cream and food coloring if desired. Chill.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, egg whites, vanilla and salt until smooth. Whisk in butter until blended. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto prepared pans. Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle. Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Remove and place on waxed paper to cool. Continue with remaining cookies. If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon filling into cookie shells. Dip ends of cookies into chopped strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry-Cream Cookie Snaps
Sort By :
"I loved everything about this recipe. Definitely worth the work, it is a show stopper on the cookie tray."
"Delicious recipe although they are a lot of work. Be sure to flatten the batter with the back of the teaspoon or your shells will be mini. After we figured out this trick, they were much better. Tastes like a fortune cookie with a refreshing filling!"