Berry Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
Feel free to substitute your family's favorite preserves in this tried-and-true recipe.—Marjorie Miller, Haven, Kansas
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, cut cream cheese and butter into biscuit mix until crumbly. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times or until dough is smooth. On waxed paper, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Turn onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Remove waxed paper.
- 2. Spread preserves down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across preserves; seal end. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; and drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 261 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Berry Cream Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC