Berry Compote Topping Recipe
“This recipe is fantastic served over toasted slices of pound cake as well as warm-from-the-oven biscuits!” Try it over ice cream, too! Wanda Wedekind — West Frankfort, Illinois
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water, lemon juice and syrup. Stir in the berries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through. Yield: 6 cups.
1/3 cup: 101 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Berry Compote Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC