Berry Compote Topping Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water, lemon juice and syrup. Stir in the berries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through. Yield: 6 cups.
1/3 cup equals 101 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Berry Compote Topping
"This is a keeper - soooooooo easy. I served for breakfast with yogurt and homemade granola. Makes lots so good to freeze."