- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water, lemon juice and syrup. Stir in the berries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Berry Compote Topping in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p59
Reviews for Berry Compote Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2012
"This is a keeper - soooooooo easy. I served for breakfast with yogurt and homemade granola. Makes lots so good to freeze."