Berry Chocolate Dessert Recipe
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1. Place almonds in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool completely. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate; fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly into prepared pan. Mound fruit on top. Microwave jam on high for 15 seconds or until melted; drizzle over fruit.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 399 calories, 26 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Berry Chocolate Dessert
"This filling was amazing! I used a ready made graham cracker pie crust instead of almonds and used the lite whipped topping instead of regular and it was still rich and delicious! I topped it with freshly picked blackberries and my guests raved it was my best dessert yet! Will be making again! Thanks for the recipe!"
"Wonderful! Very rich but a wonderful compliment to a big meal. Easy to make. Can be made the day before but put the fresh fruit on just before serving."
"My whole family loves it. I am going to make it for my husband b-day."
"This was a delicious and simple dessert. I froze half and it thawed quickly in the fridge. I could then add the berries on individual pieces as I served it."
"deligthful and gluten free"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.