Berry Chicken Salad
Bright berries and creamy goat cheese make this one a winner! Wendy Ball — Battle Creek, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup prepared fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat
- lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in.
- from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, berries, cheese and pecans. Cut
- chicken into slices; add to salad. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss
- lightly to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups salad with 1 chicken breast half and 1 tablespoon dressing equals 268 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable,