Berry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup prepared fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. On a greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine spinach, berries, cheese and pecans. Cut chicken into slices; add to salad. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups salad with 1 chicken breast half and 1 tablespoon dressing : 268 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Berry Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.