Berry Chicken Salad for Two
Bright berries and creamy goat cheese make this one a winner! Wendy Ball — Battle Creek, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons prepared fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over
- medium heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, raspberries, strawberries,
- cheese and pecans. Divide among two serving plates. Slice chicken
- and arrange over spinach mixture; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups salad with 1 chicken breast half and 1 tablespoon dressing equals 269 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.