Berry Cherry Pie Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine cherries, raspberries and lemon juice in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix sugar, tapioca and salt; add to fruit and toss gently to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Unroll one pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; trim pastry to 3/4 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- 3. Unroll remaining pastry; cut into 2-1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk; brush over lattice top. Sprinkle with sugar.
Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pie. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 457 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Berry Cherry Pie
"Baking is not my cup of tea, but when I saw how easy this recipe looked, with the refrigerated pie pastry, I just had to try it. OMG.. so good. (Volunteer Field Editor)"
"it's the best cherry berry pie i've ever tasted"
"One of my family's favorites. I have given this recipe to many women who have also loved it."
"My husband loves this pie and asks for it often. this is his birthday pie every year! I even have friends ask for it when I go to their homes."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.