- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine cherries, raspberries and lemon juice in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix sugar, tapioca and salt; add to fruit and toss gently to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Unroll one pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; trim pastry to 3/4 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Unroll remaining pastry; cut into 2-1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk; brush over lattice top. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Cherry Pie
Sort By :
"Baking is not my cup of tea, but when I saw how easy this recipe looked, with the refrigerated pie pastry, I just had to try it. OMG.. so good. (Volunteer Field Editor)"
"it's the best cherry berry pie i've ever tasted"
"One of my family's favorites. I have given this recipe to many women who have also loved it."
"My husband loves this pie and asks for it often. this is his birthday pie every year! I even have friends ask for it when I go to their homes."