Berry-Cherry Peach Sauce Recipe
Fresh peaches and berries shine in this pretty, refreshing sauce. It’s terrific on ice cream, but also adds a sweet and tangy touch to pancakes, waffles or French toast at brunch. —Sandra Gould, Verndale, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, blueberries, cherries, 1 cup orange juice and sugar; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into hot fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 76 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC