- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Fold in berries. Drop a rounded tablespoonful into the center of each muffin.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 27-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Berry Cheesecake Muffins
"This was a very good recipe! I had to punt a bit with not having cream cheese, of all things! But I doubled the recipe (of batter and streusel)...then for the filling, I used: 2 (6 oz.) containers of plain yogurt (not Greek), 2/3 cup sugar and only 1 egg before folding in all the fresh fruit. I then made this into a 9x13 inch pan (needed a bake time of approx. 45 min+) AND 10 muffins. So, went a long way and was very tasty. I am a mother of 5 and they gobbled it up! Was a great berry mix and love the topping, too!"
"Sounds awesome, I am making this for a christmas party, but in the beginning it says cream butter and sugar. Is that a mix setting? Because I don't see cream on the ingredients list"
"This is the BEST muffin recipe I have ever made. They were not only extremely delicious but also moist. The only changes I made to the recipe was to use 1% buttermilk, I doubled the butter on the topping and then doubled the topping, I used 8 oz of cream cheese and I added fresh strawberries with the other fruit so I actually a heaping full 1/2 cup of each fruit. I also made this in the large cupcake/muffin tins. I took these to a bridal shower and some people thought they were professionally made. I will be making these often."
"I meant "these were very good....""
"You can NOT overbake any muffin recipe without getting a dry one. Adjust your time and maybe even oven temp accordingly. This were very good, moist, and stayed most until the next day when the rest were eaten. I always check all recipes several minutes B4 they are supposed to be done. Do it right and you get great results."