Berry Cheesecake Muffins Recipe
I adapted this recipe over the years for my family, and they think it’s wonderful. Not only are the muffins delicious, but they’re bursting with fantastic color, too. — Jeanne Bilhimer, Midland, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Fold in berries. Drop a rounded tablespoonful into the center of each muffin.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake 27-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC