- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set. Carefully spread sour cream over the top. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Carefully pour a third of the gelatin over sour cream layer. Arrange strawberries over gelatin; pour remaining gelatin over berries. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Berry Cheesecake Dessert
"Made this exactly as called for. Sour cream just sat as a blob on top of the base and added nothing to the flavor of the dessert. The dish LOOKED nice, but really just a cheesecake square with a side of strawberry jello. I don't think the topping was at all taste compatible with the base. For this reason, I would not make it again."
"I made this last 4th of July. Was a big hit with family and friends. Will definitely make again!"
"Went over very well at a recent potluck. I did use gluten free vanilla wafer crumbs rather than graham cracker crumbs. I ended up using frozen strawberries, and it worked out fine, but the fresh berries would be the best."
"Great dessert. The jello soaked into the cheesecake layer, so it wasn't as pretty but it tasted great."
"My family ate and ate. They could not get enough. It was an easy way to serve cheesecake"
"I made this recipe last night and it was not a big hit. The textures did not go well together."
"This is soooo gooood. I will definately have to make this again. Did not change a thing. Yummy just the way it is printed. baker 1576"
"I made this over the weekend and it delicious and I'm going to make it for my son when I go to visit."
"Wow, I'm just going to have to make this and get fatter."