Berry Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
“My aunt tasted this classic dessert on a business trip at least 40 years ago and brought the recipe back to share with the family,” recalls Jo Nunnally of Ripley, Mississippi.
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into the crust.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set. Carefully spread sour cream over the top. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- 4. Carefully pour a third of the gelatin over sour cream layer. Arrange strawberries over gelatin; pour remaining gelatin over berries. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 319 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC