Berry Cheese Torte Recipe
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups white grape juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, wafer crumbs, walnuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over grape juice; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust.
- Place berries in a large bowl; add gelatin mixture and gently stir to coat. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Cheese Torte(4)
Sort By :
This is super simple to make and tastes AMAZING! I did not have any trouble with it setting up, just followed the directions and have made it many times.
The gelatin did not set for mine for quite a while, maybe an hour and a half. Other than that, nice light treat for spring/summer!
I put it in the freezer after 45 minutes and it partially set up 15 minutes later.
Help! The white grape juice and gelatin doesn't partially set, even after an hour in the refrigerator. Is 1-3/4 cup of juice too much?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >