Berry Cheese Torte Recipe
We love this torte for the Fourth of July, or really any summer gathering when berries are abundant. It looks fancy, but is really easy to prepare. —Deborah Hitchcock, Granite Falls, Washington
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups white grape juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, wafer crumbs, walnuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over grape juice; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread into crust.
- 4. Place berries in a large bowl; add gelatin mixture and gently stir to coat. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 273 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC