Our Test Kitchen is the source of this fantastic fruit bruschetta. It's a tasty twist from the traditional tomato variety and can be served as an appetizer or a dessert.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- Cut baguette into 32 slices, about 1/2 in. thick; place on ungreased
- baking sheets. Brush with oil. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 1-2
- minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, peaches and mint. Spread
- each slice of bread with cheese; top with fruit mixture. Broil for
- 1-2 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.