Expecting brunch company, but short on time? My quick, delicious and beautiful parfaits are the perfect solution. Feel free to mix and match your favorite berries. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 6-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups granola
- 4 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- Additional brown sugar, optional
- Place raspberries and brown sugar in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Press through a sieve; discard seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberry puree, orange juice, cornstarch and orange peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In eight parfait glasses, layer half of the raspberry sauce, berries, granola and yogurt. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Berry Breakfast Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p185
Reviews for Berry Breakfast Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review