Berry Bread with Spread Recipe
The recipe for these two loaves and the creamy strawberry spread came from my mother's collection. I added macadamia nuts to give the fruit bread a fun crunch and tropical flair. —Pat Stewart Lees Summit, Missouri
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1. For strawberry spread, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Drain strawberries, reserving 1/4 cup juice for bread batter. Beat 6 tablespoons berries into the cream cheese. Set remaining berries aside. Chill spread until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Combine the eggs, oil, reserved berries and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the nuts (batter will be stiff). Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with spread. Yield: 2 loaves (10 slices each) and about 1 cup spread.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 214 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Berry Bread with Spread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC