Berry Blue Pops Recipe
Our food editors had a blast bopping around the test kitchen and swirling together the colorful mixes in these berrylicious pops. They were sorry to be finished in less than 30 minutes! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons berry blue gelatin
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 6 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 18 freezer pop molds or 18 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin powder and 1/2 cup sugar in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1 cup cold water. In another bowl, dissolve strawberry gelatin powder and remaining sugar in remaining boiling water. Stir in remaining cold water.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine half of the berry blue gelatin mixture and half of the strawberry gelatin mixture. Place all in freezer for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until slushy. In a large bowl, swirl the three colors as desired. Fill each mold or cup with 1/4 cup gelatin mixture. Top with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 18 pops.
1 pop equals 77 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC