Berry Best Smoothies
“This fun recipe is a wonderful way to use up over-ripened bananas and to help my family get 5 daily servings of fruit and veggies,” says Pamela Klim from Bettendorf, Iowa. “It’s so quick, easy and filling—and my kids absolutely love it!”
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45
- seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled
- glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 108 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.