“This fun recipe is a wonderful way to use up over-ripened bananas and to help my family get 5 daily servings of fruit and veggies,” says Pamela Klim from Bettendorf, Iowa. “It’s so quick, easy and filling—and my kids absolutely love it!”
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Berry Best Smoothies in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p7
Reviews for Berry Best Smoothies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2016
"My raspberries were real tart, so I added a heaping tablespoon of raw sugar to the blender with the fruits. I also used fat -free skim instead of the half n half, but next time I'd use some light yogurt."
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2008
"ya baby and im a kid"