My husband and I have fun picking fruit. We ended up with too many strawberries, so it was time to make jam, inspired by a mojito recipe. —Erica Ingram, Lakewood, Ohio
Featured In: 19 Freezer Jam Recipes
- 8 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 7 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Rinse nine 1-cup plastic or freezer-safe containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly crush strawberries, 1 cup at a time, to measure exactly 5 cups; transfer to a 6-qt. stockpot. Stir in pectin, lime juice and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Immediately stir in basil and lime peel.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 8-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Berry-Basil Limeade Jam in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Berry-Basil Limeade Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2015
"Yum! I love strawberry and basil together because it just tastes so summery! My husband was kind of skeptical, but he's been loving it on toast and biscuits and my three-year-old daughter eats it every single day."